{ A QUILT IN { SLOW } PROGRESS }

dimanche 7 septembre 2014


I did it! my first week back to work! and the kids went back to school too.
We made it! noone was hurt in the process although some feelings were pushed a bit far!!:)

Bon ça y est! c'est fait! Je suis retournée au travail à plein temps et les petits ont fait leurs rentrées!
Personne n'a été blessé dans le processus, même si certains sentiments ont été un peu bousculés!

However, it is taking me some time to adjust to a new schedule and to much more work than before.
So it means less time for sewing.
But! I decided to be super organized this year... just so I can make some time for sewing.
It will be 3 evenings a week if I am lucky and not too busy / 2 nights if

  I have a lot of preps and marking to do!

Un temps plein c'est moins de temps pour coudre, mais j'ai joué la carte de la super organisation afin d'arriver à me dégager du temps pour coudre. Ce sera donc 3 soirs par semaine si je n'ai pas trop de travail et 2 si j'en ai beaucoup. C'est moins qu'avant mais bon! Le travail c'est la santé!

This week I managed to finish my Herringbone Hue quilt top. 
I made it out of Hawthorne Hues Fat quarter. I love the colors in this bundle. 

Cette semaine, j'ai quand même réussi à finir le top de mon nouveau quilt chevrons, en coupant dans ce lot magnifique de chez Hawthorne Threads



I used half-square triangles  in order to create these 4.5" units.

The top measures 125cm X 190cm = 49" X 75" .

For the background I used some Moda Bleached white and mixed it with the different shades of whites included in the bundle. 
 
100% Cotton batting has been ordered and I can't wait to start quilting.

J'ai commandé le molleton - que j’appelle généralement " moumoute" - et j'ai hâte de commencer à matelasser. 

Here are some links to what inspired me when I made this top:here , here and here.

Cliquez sur "here" pour des liens vers mes sources d'inspiration pour ce top!

Hope you are fine! thank you for visiting, and please ,excuse me if Iamn ot be able to answer you! Uour comments means a lot:) thank you!

3 commentaires:

  1. Il va être super chouette ! j'adore tout ! le motif, les couleurs !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Coucou Sophie, je suis très heureuse que ta rentrée se soit bien passée. La reprise du travail n'est jamais facile. J'adore cette couverture. Je ne suis pas, d'habitude, une fan de quilt, mais celle-là est vraiment moderne et pleine de couleurs.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. oh, Sophie, your quilt top is just gorgeous! I am very much looking forward to seeing it when you're finished. It's inspiring me to think about making a quilt from all solids.

    RépondreSupprimer

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground